Marrickville is your ultimate destination for after school classes and workshops. Theres’s heaps to do while you wait for your children. And Marrickville has parking and plenty of buses and trains.
Need something to do while you wait for your children? No problem, there’s heaps to do:
- Grab a famous Marrickville Pork Roll in their new café;
- Visit Urchin Books;
- Get a quick manicure at Bella Beauty Nails Salon;
- Amazing coffee at Cornersmith;
- Do yoga at Marrickville Yoga Centre;
- Treat yourself to Pagoto Gelato & Waffle House nom nom;
- Pop into Batch Brewing Company;
- Do some laps at Annette Kellerman Aquatic Centre;
- Check out hidden art galleries such as Create Or Die, Factory 49, or Scratch Art Space;
- Hit Marrickville’s op shops (we’ve got 3!) on the main street;
- Or take a wander round the THE BOWER Reuse & Repair Centre and Reverse Garbage.
You’ll have more time to enjoy yourself if you don’t waste your time looking for a park. You’re guaranteed to find a spot in one of these three locations:
- Greenbank Street – Parallel to Warburton St (home of QwertyKids), one street back. This street has free all-day parking.
- Banana Joes Carpark – There’s a gem of a car park above Banana Joes Foodworks, 5 minutes’ walk from QwertyKids. Access is via Tuohy Lane, which runs off Illawarra Road.
- Silver Street – Ten minutes up the hill from QwertyKids, this street runs off Marrickville Road and has The Exchange Hotel on the corner. There’s a car park at the top of the street behind the Exchange.